Hello! I'm currently playing through the demo, and I'm having a great time exploring all the options. The game has been incredibly fun and charming, but I've encountered... I think it's a bug? Where, after I've loaded a previous save, this thing here pops up and blocks the whole screen! I've had to start a new file to get it to disappear. I wasn't sure where else to post this, so apologies if this is the wrong place for it! I'm loving the demo so far, so starting a new file hasn't been a bad thing at all. Good luck with production, I'll be eagerly awaiting the finished game!
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
When a young alchemist apprentice is unwillingly bound to an illegal spirit, they suddenly find themselves tied up in a war between humanity and magic, and must join a group of unlikely heroes to escape their own doom, hopefully saving the world along the way.
A Story With No Right Or Wrong Choices
- Venture on a journey with no bad endings. Your decisions will never keep you from going on but may influence what you will have to endure before you reach your goal.
- Dialogue options with tone labels. You decide whether your character is shy, bold, or the type to make a joke of any situation.
- Whether you want to become a master of alchemy, engage in a romance, or discover the mysteries of the world; how you spend your time is up to you.
Character Customization & Growth
- Create your alchemist in your own image or play out a fantasy.
- You decide how traumatic events sculpt and grow your alchemist's personality. When faced with a tragedy, will you be benevolent, or will you be vengeful?
4 Romanceable Characters
- Spend time with your companions to build a deep platonic relationship or engage in a romance.
- You decide how you want to romance someone.
- Use your alchemy skills to solve crises, assist your companions, and change the world around you.
- Take on powerful demons with your alchemy skills and the help of an ancient artifact.
- Hone your skills to discover secret recipes.
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Hi, glad to hear your enjoy the demo and thank you for reporting the bug!
What happens is CGIs that have become invisible don't get saved properly, so when you load they will reappear. The only fix right now is to wait until you get to the map selection, at which point all CGIs (invisible or not) will be cleared from the progress data.
We will have a fix out for it soon :)
Wondering what the system requirements of this game are? Right now the character creation menu slows everything to an absolute crawl to the point where it's almost impossible to use. I had my graphics on the lowest setting and have what I consider a decent PC for a VN style game.
Everything else works perfectly though, once you get past the character creation menu. I know it's just a very early demo, but when I saw how much the creation menu chugged it made me worried for the rest of the game, which was a bit of a turn off.
For the game itself: loved the music (that opening blew me away), art style is cute and charming, and I'm enjoying the choices menu, which allows you to specifically know when and if you're flirting, and that it has clear personality determiners.
I also really appreciate that my character is allowed to be angry without being a jackass. Anger is often a vilified emotion but in this case the anger of my character felt like it was being translated to good effect, that it was anger being use constructively, not destructively. After all why shouldn't someone be angry at injustice and the seeming indifference to that injustice?
Also love the pronoun selector! It really makes me feel included and seen as a non-binary person and that I can play this game my way and really connect with the main character. Also I noticed Quinn is non-binary too and I love them and would die for them. (It's a long shot, but maybe some of that DLC could be the ability to romance Quinn?)
Can't wait to play more, hope you reach your kickstarter goal!
Thank you for the detailed and delightful feedback! :)
We are aware of the performance issues with the character creation menu, and I can assure you it won't be an issue for the final release.
Unfortunately, we didn't find the issue in time to fix it before the Kickstarter went live, but we are working on it!
I am really excited to play the full game of this when it drops.
Hello, the sign up on your site doesn't seem to work.
Thank you for putting this to our attention. I will have a look at it promptly :)
I believe the sign up form should work properly now. Thank you again, and sorry for the inconvenience.
You can build relationships with six of the characters that follow your journey through the game. Four of these are romanceable characters. :)
Heard alot about this game a Jpopcon, and omg the demo was amazing, i really cant wait to play the full game version <3
Thank you, we were very fortunate to have J-popcon hosting us and sharing the game with congoers was a blast!
great demo! seems like a lot of love went into making this, so I can't wait for the full release
I can't download the demo